Home of the famous Croghan Bologna
It has been a rough year to say the least and as we see people getting vaccinated and overcoming the pandemic, we know people are itching to get out of isolation and see friends and family! If you are planning to celebrate St. Patty’s we are here to help as we carry a fantastic Swiss Cheese and Cooked Bottom Round Corn Beef. An important note on the corn beef if you don’t come to our shop to pick it up sometimes delis can accidently shave it the wrong direction and not against the grain making it tough (not that fall apart goodness you might expect) if you experience this just know that could be the case and chopping it into finer piece with your typically kitchen knife can help save those sandwiches!
Without further ado, here is the recipe because we know you didn’t come here for our life story- haha!
1 Loaf Marble Rye Bread
Cooked Bottom Round Deli Shaved Corn Beef
1 cup Sauerkraut, drained
½ cup Kraft Thousand Island dressing
1. Pre-Heat Oven to 375F
2. Slice Rye Bread ½ inch thick, then halve the slices to make mini slices. If you want a more uniform shape you can first cut a heal off each side of the round loaf to square it up before slicing.
3. Put the sliced rye onto a baking sheet and put in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until top is lightly crispy but not yet browned.
4. Pull out of oven and flip the rye bread. The bottom should be slightly more toasted than the top.
5. Assemble sliders by spreading a quarter sized amount of Kraft Thousand Island Dressing evenly all over the top of sliced rye right up to the edges. Next take a pinch of drained Sauerkraut and spread and top the dressed rye slices. Add a pinch of shaved Corn Beef to the top of Sauerkraut. Finish with a slice of Swiss Cheese.
6. Put the baking sheet back in the oven for 8-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom is toasted. Different ovens can heat at different rates or unevenly so check your sliders periodically to make sure you don’t over toast the bottom.
7. Lastly, pull your sliders out of the oven, plate and serve with a side of extra Thousand Island dressing. (These look really cute with some chopped cilantro over the top if you want to impress 😉)
9824 Main Street
Croghan, NY 13327
The Croghan Meat Market, Inc. is a specialty meat processing plant and retail store located in Croghan, New York. The plant operates to create traditional, quality meats for conscious consumers who take pride in their meats and eats. Under daily federal processing supervision and guidelines issued by USDA regarding product production and safety, the plant is owned and operated by generational meat cutters and owners who are always crafting the finest product for consumers. Our retail store operates out of the same building on Main Street in Croghan and is the same location that has produced world famous Croghan Bologna and Croghan Smoked Breakfast Sausage since 1888.